1) Choose a well-known company in Oman that trades globally and do a research on how well it has performed in the last 5 years and how it has been influenced by social, economic and technological aspects of business environment. (Note: You are required to give brief profile of the company highlighting its global trading activities) (40 marks)
2) In a tabular form, compare the business environment of GCC member countries. Highlight their strengths and weaknesses as they participate in the GCC trade agreement. (36 marks)
3) You are appointed as CEO of a company in hotel industry in Oman with plan to expand in another GCC country. Among the GCC countries, which one will you consider best for expansion: a) Bahrain; b) Kuwait; c) Qatar; d) Saudi Arabia; e) UAE. Write an 8-liner paragraph to justify your argument. (24 marks)
Rules & Regulations:
<Below given are only suggestive. It may be edited as per the needs of the assignment/module>
- All resources should be cited using CU Harvard style.
- The final assignment must have a Title page, Table of Contents, References/ bibliography using CU Harvard Style and page numbers.
- Title Page must have Assignment Name, Module name, Session, your name, ID, and the name of the faculty.
- Softcopy in word format is to be submitted through Turnitin link on Moodle.
- Viva will be conducted after the assignment submission as per the dates informed earlier.
<Below given guidelines are only suggestive. It may be edited as per the needs of the assignment/module>
- Assignment must be computer typed.
- Font - Times New Roman
- Font – Style - Regular
- Font - Size - 12
- Heading should be with Font Size 14, Bold, Capital and Underline.
- Explain with suitable diagrams wherever required. Diagrams must be drawn using suitable software or by pencil.
- Each student has to do the assignment individually / Students have to do the assignment collaboratively and each student should write a brief reflection on their contribution and learnings from group work.
- You can refer books in eLibrary or use internet resource. But you should not cut and paste material from internet nor provide photocopied material from books. The assignment answers should be in your own words after understanding the matter from the above resources.