Coursework Cover Sheet
Please use the table below as your cover sheet for the 1st page of the submission. The sheet should be before the cover/title page of your submission.
NOTE: Kindly share your UPDATED exam paper to the LIVE EXPERT with an updated Case Study (if any).
If you`re from (UK, US, EU, CA, AUS, NZ, IR, SCO) visit academiasupport.co.uk or Live Chat
Student Reference Number (SRN)
Date of Submission (Please attach the confirmation of any extension received)
- Your summative assessment for this module is made up of this Coursework submission which accounts for 100% of the marks.
- You are required to submit all elements of your assessment via Turnitin online access. Only submissions made via the specified mode will be accepted and hard copies or any other digital form of submissions (like via email or pen drive etc.) will not be accepted.
- For coursework, the submission word limit is 3500 words. You must comply with the word count guidelines. You may submit LESS than 3500 words but not more. Word Count guidelines can be found on the Assessment tab for your module.
- Donot put your name or contact details anywhere on your submission. You should only put your student registration number (SRN) which will ensure your submission is recognised in the marking process.
- A total of 100 marks are available for this module assessment, and you are required to achieve minimum 50% to pass this module.
- You are required to use only Harvard Referencing System in your submission. Any content which is already published by other author(s) and is not referenced will be considered as a case of plagiarism.
Please note late submissions will not be marked.
You can find further information on Harvard Referencing in the online library. You can use the following link to access this information:
- University has a strict policy regarding authenticity of assessments. In proven instances of plagiarism or collusion, severe punishment will be imposed on offenders. You are advised to read the rules and regulations regarding plagiarism and collusion in the GARs and MOPP which are available on The Hub in the Academic registry section (found via Help & Support).
- You should include a completed copy of the Assignment Cover sheet. Any submission without this completed Assignment Cover sheet may be considered invalid and not marked.
2. Assessment Brief
The required submission for this assignment is a 3500-word business report. Students are required to complete TWO tasks:
- Evaluate the personal effectiveness strategies of Sundar Pichai, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at Google, and
- Discuss how you intend to apply personal effectiveness principles your own personal development
The Learning Outcomes that you have to meet in order to pass this assessment are:
Your management report should contain the following:
a) A brief introduction giving:
- a definition of Personal Effectiveness
- an explanation of the importance of Personal Effectiveness to professional development
- an overview of the main body of report, which MUST mention the key points of task b (case study review) and c (reflective statement) below
b) Case Study Review: a critical evaluation of Sundar Pichai’s skills and behaviours
In this section you must:
- Present an outline of Sundar Pichai’s key skills and behaviours
- Discuss and give examples of Sundar Pichai’s positive qualities and the effects they have
- Discuss and give examples of Sundar Pichai’s negative qualities and the effects they have
For your critical evaluation you must link the outline, positive qualities and negativequalities to at least TWO theoretical frameworks covered in this module, e.g. Covey’s 7 Habits, the CEO Genome Project, the CMI Code of Conduct or others
(This task meets LO1 and LO2)
c) Reflective Statement: an analysis of your personal skills and behaviours, with a plan to improve on your weaknesses
In this section you must conduct a self-assessment test using any self-assessment tool from the Topic Workbooks:
- Summarise the results of your self-assessment test, explaining your key weaknesses as identified by the test
- Discuss the effect these weaknesses have on your employability prospects
- Present a clear and structured plan to improve on these weaknesses
- Critically evaluate the impact of your planned improvements on your professional development
For your critical evaluation you must link your keyweaknesses, their effectsand the plan to improve on them to at least TWO theoretical frameworks covered in this module, e.g. Covey’s 7 Habits, the CEO Genome Project, the CMI Code of Conduct or others
(This task meets LO1 and LO3)
d) A brief conclusion covering:
- Key points of task b (case study review)
- Key point of task c (reflective statement)
- A summarising remark which explains the connection between tasks b and c
Use of evidence in all parts of the report
Your report must contain evidence that you have read and understood the theories, models, additional reading and case studies in Personal Effectiveness on the Hub. This evidence must be present in all sections of the report: the introduction, case study review, reflective statement and conclusion.
Which forms of evidence must be in the report
- In-text citations and a bibliography: there must be citations in every paragraph of every section; they should be supported by a bibliography containing a minimum of 20 references
- Links to theoretical frameworks: there must be a minimum of 2 frameworks applied in the case study and 2 in the reflective statement. To apply frameworks effectively you must explain how Sundar Pichai’s skills, and your own strengths and weaknesses, compare to the qualities contained within the theories you choose. For example, you could discuss how Pichai demonstrates the CEO Genome Project habit of ‘deciding with speed and conviction’.
- References to the case studies: in the case study review there must be frequent references to the case studies which can be found in the Apply section of every topic on the Hub
- References to additional reading: in the case study review and reflective statement there must be frequent references to the articles and videos in the additional tasks, which can be found in the Prepare section of every topic in the Hub