Unit type: Sector (Business)
Guided learning hours: 40
Unit in brief
Learners will develop the skills to present a business idea to an audience.
Have you ever had an idea for a new business or an idea to make a current business better? Although the idea may be good, being able to present your idea to other people is key to the success of taking it forward.
In this unit, you will develop the skills to prepare and present an idea to an audience. You will learn how important it is to be well prepared, making sure you know everything you need to and that you have covered the most important points in your presentation to ensure your business idea is convincing.
The transferable and sector skills you develop in this unit can enable you to progress to further learning. They will also support you in completing the core skills units in Group A of the qualification.
In this unit you will:
A Prepare for the presentation of a business idea to an audience
B Present a business idea to an audience.
Knowledge and sector skills
Types of business idea
- Idea for new product or service.
- Idea for a new approach to a current product or service.
Preparation for a presentation
- Key features of the product:
- what it is, what it is used for
- who are the target audience
- benefits of the business idea to the target audience
- the unique selling point (USP) of the product or service compared with similar products or services
- consideration of cost.
- Preparing a draft presentation and speaker notes.
- Practising the presentation, revising and refining.
- Preparing for possible questions about the business idea that may come from the audience.
Presentation skills and techniques
- Highlighting key points of the business idea.
- Consideration of the audience:
- tone of voice
- clarity of verbal communication
- maintaining eye contact with audience
- not reading directly from notes.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the business idea.
- Taking questions from the audience.
- Managing information: finding out about the features of the business idea in preparation for the presentation.
- Communication: communicating the features of the business idea to an audience.
Learning aim A: Prepare for the presentation of a business idea to an audience
A.P1 Prepare basic information for the presentation of a business idea.
A.M1 Prepare information for a presentation, identifying the benefits of the business idea.
A.D1 Prepare detailed information for a presentation, identifying the benefits and key features of a business idea.
Learning aim B: Present a business idea to an audience.
B.P2 Present, using acceptable skills and techniques, a business idea to an audience.
B.M2 Present, using selected skills and techniques, a business idea effectively to an audience.
B.D2 Present, using selected skills and techniques, a business idea clearly and confidently to an audience.
The standard price quoted for this assignment is up to 3000 words. For custom word count and written work, contact via Click here → Whatsapp UK, OR Whatsapp Middle East ← Click here OR Live Chat.
All the details will remain fully ENCRYPTED, SECURED & PRIVATE. Do NOT hesitate to contact us. Thank You.